What is AMRAP, you ask? Well it means “As Many Rounds As Possible” and it is a grueling, painful way to do a circuit workout.
You basically pit you against you and keep going until you can’t go anymore. By the time it’s all over you like to melt into a puddle on the floor. On Friday we a did four-minute AMRAP circuit and it was a ton of fun (not). Here are the exercises Blaine put me through (note the maniacal grin on his face):
1. Battling rope into vertical jumps (5).
2. MD hip thrust throw (right & left) into middle clean into press.
3. Jump rope variety.
4. Lunge matrix.
5. Kettlebell deadlift varieties.
6. Pull up/chin up varieties.
7. Box jump/step up varieties.
8. Push up into tuck jump.
9. Prone/side/supine plank varieties.
I went for as many reps of these exercises as I could for four minutes each. In total it was about 40 minutes of non-stop cardio, strength and mobility work. And I’m not going to lie – I needed a nap later.